Hey! I have a riddle for you! What’s writing and writing and happy all over?
Was that a bit cheesy? At least it was an honest joke.
I’m popping into the blogosphere with just a few thoughts in mind today.
First, believe it or not, we’ve made it to Day 12 of the 30 Days Deeper series, and wow, I’ve been blown away by the positive response from the readers. (If you have no idea what 30 Days Deeper is, read this.) The texts and emails and Facebook comments that tell me that people are being encouraged deeper into Jesus are like water to my soul!
If 30 DD wasn’t something that fit into your schedule right now, but you’d still like to participate in it at some point in the future, fear not! I am planning to make it available either by offering it again to a fresh Email Community in a few months, or by formatting it as an ebook that you can peruse in your own sweet time.
But because I’d like to share a little encouragement in this temporarily-slightly-neglected corner of the web, I want to share a few of the highlights from 30 Days Deeper, that I hope will be a blessing to your soul.
These are 12 Days of Deeper, if you will, so that you’re enjoying a slice of each day to chew on…
- Who your people are will have a very, very profound impact on who you will become.
- Swimming your race of faith with a lot of drag can be a terrible drag. It’s important to deal with the things that are slowing you down.
- Otis the Tractor is an incredible example of why you should learn to carefully follow your Leader.
- Social Media can make a bright day seem like a thunderstorm — guard your heart.
- Just like Elvis says, you need to learn to recognize something that looks like an angel, but is the devil in disguise.
- Don’t leave throw-up in a paper bag in a minivan. And be careful what you say yes to.
- Anybody can be a doofus and get swept into a bad situation. We all need Jesus.
- Creation can teach you way more about the Creator than you probably realize.
- It’s easy to grow weeds, but much harder to make good things happen.
- Studying the Word in the Light will give you a flashlight in the darkness.
- The wicked won’t get off scot-free… so do the good stuff.
- Find people who will tell you the truth, not just what you want to hear.
These tiny tidbits are just scratching the surface of some of the great discussions we’ve had so far! Would you like to have some of them unpacked for you? Like, what does Elvis have to do with faithfulness? And how is throw-up in a minivan related to saying yes?
Well, good news.
If you’d like to jump into 30 Days Deeper and join the conversation, it is not too late, and I’ll be glad to send you the emails you’ve missed so far if you want to catch up. But you don’t have to, so no pressure either way — you can really start going deeper any time! Isn’t that God’s goodness?
If nothing else, just hear this one thought today, friends. The Creator of the Universe loves you, personally, intimately, you-for-you you. Even if 30DD isn’t the right thing for you right now, I pray you are seeking and listening for those whispers of His love. His plans for you are amazing. His love for you is unending. Let Him sweep you off your feet. Soon.
You can click here to join 30 Days Deeper (do I need to mention that it’s free?) — and be encouraged to go deeper today. I’d love to welcome you in!