Second-Hand Onesies

April 7, 2011

in Baby Photos,The Parenthood

My sister sent the Bear some delightful clothes when he was born. Really adorable stuff. And those delightful clothes are beginning to get a second go-round with Baby Brother right now. It’s a good effort at recycling to save the planet, and I’ve never heard a baby complain about what they were wearing, unless it was wet. We are loving the hand-me-downs.

One of my favourite things she sent was this onesie, sported here by the Bear at approximately Seven Weeks of Age:

IMG_2972

As we’ve pulled clothes out for their second go-round, we’ve noticed that items that were suitable for the Bear at certain ages seem to be.. er, um… suitable for Baby Brother much sooner. {And there are several things he was actually never small enough to wear.} So we thought you might enjoy a little comparison.

Here’s the Bear swimming in the onesie in question at seven weeks, and Baby Brother, filling it out in the middle at…four.

comparingpoop

{We don’t often take pictures of our wee ones in tears. We just had a giggle when the Bear was upset on this particular day because we thought one three-letter word had been left off the onesie. Can you guess which one?}

Last night at the dinner table, HH encouraged the Bear to eat everything on his plate because Baby Brother will be catching up soon! We’re now accepting offers for American football scholarships. Tarheels and Wolfpack need not apply. Are there rugby bursaries in SA?

xCC

P.S. Thanks again, sister, for a gift that keeps on giving! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comment with Facebook

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Philippa Liebenberg April 7, 2011 at 8:34 pm

That is so cute!!!! Oh, goodness Baby Brother you are growing well! I must say Beatrice is a much better eater the Alexander ever was.

Caroline April 8, 2011 at 8:43 am

Funny how that happens…the second one never seems as picky as the first! Sorry I haven’t made coffee plans yet! I had a migraine that started Sunday night and was still around in the form of a dull headache right through Thursday! Will email soon!

se7en April 7, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Oh that is so cute!!! I had to smile at the clothing comparison!!! My first three kids all started in newborn clothes, thereafter all my kids were born straight into 3-6 month clothes… just no stopping them!!!

Caroline April 8, 2011 at 8:45 am

The newborn clothes really do seem like a waste–he has already grown out of all these adorable things–one outfit he only got to wear once! I might start out with mostly 3 -6 months next time! (We have second-hand newborn stuff anyway!)

laura anne April 7, 2011 at 11:54 pm

I remember seeing that pic of the bear in that onesie and having a wee giggle! I love it too! Was there not a milk one or something as well?

Caroline April 8, 2011 at 8:47 am

Yes! In that same “photo shoot” we took a picture of him in his bib that said “Make mine a pint” and had a big milk bottle on it! So sweet! I will have to share that again! :)